Right Click Disabled

Friday, April 12, 2013

JaPoppa Brand Concept Logo & Pepper


 
After seeing this,
who would not want a bag of JaPoppa brand Jalapeno Popcorn? 
 Seriously! 
 
This concept logo and brand character of Pappa JaPoppa and his special recipe popcorn was created in Photoshop.  Fun characters like Pappa are a real joy for me to create.  Completely by accident, he ended up resembling a beloved and distinguished real-life friend of mine.  The realization hit during the process, but instead of resisting it, I decided to go with it and see whether it worked...and I love it.




Pappa JaPoppa ended up with a monocle much like another beloved brand bipedal legume who likes to wear tall top hats, but I swear, Mr. Peanut was nowhere in sight when I sat in my sister's kitchen designing this dapper pepper!  After some quick and dirty sketches with SketchPro on a penabled screen, I espunged spectables, tuxedos, leglessness, and muscles from the concept but decided on a monocle, moustache and monobrow.

I always find that rough sketching out ideas helps to get a clear picture of what I want to eventually see, and not want to see in the final concept. 




No comments:

Post a Comment